People get into debt for all sorts of reasons. Debt is emotive and there is little point in burying one’s head in the sand, albeit such a reaction may be understandable. Unless financial difficulties are faced with determination and resolve, the slippery slope to bankruptcy is inevitable.
Irwin & Company has spent more years than we care to remember helping people to overcome their debt problems and return to a normal life. Our fully trained staff can discuss and make a preliminary assessment of the solutions available to you.
Do you have a debt problem?
While millions of families in the UK struggle with their finances, only a few of them seek professional financial advice. This is because many people are unaware when their debts have become a problem.
It can be difficult to pinpoint when you have a debt problem. To help you decide, here are some of the common financial warning signs:
Try asking yourself the following questions –
- Using most of your income to pay debts?
- Making only minimum payments on credit cards each month?
- Maxing out on your credit cards each month?
- Robbing Peter to pay Paul?
- Borrowing or using credit cards to pay for items you used to buy in cash?
- Paying your bills late?
- Using savings to pay bills?
- Being called by debt collection agencies?
- Working overtime or in a second job to make ends meet?
- Worrying that if you or your partner were made redundant, you would be in financial crisis?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then you need to take action.
Personal Insolvency Services
As specialist insolvency practitioners, we advise people to seek professional financial advice at the first sign of money problems. At Irwin & Company, we may be able to prevent you from sliding into bankruptcy or help you avoid insolvency before it’s too late.
If you need our professional insolvency services, we will work to find the best solution for your specific situation, whether that’s acting as a trustee for your personal bankruptcy or preparing an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA).
The personal insolvency services we provide are:
- Bankruptcy: Bankruptcy is a legal procedure that can provide you with a fresh start and a sense of relief from the burden of debt. You can declare yourself bankrupt, or a creditor whom you owe can file for a petition against you.
- Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA): An IVA is a process taken to avoid bankruptcy. It’s a legal agreement between you and your creditors to pay back your debts over an agreed period of time.
- Personal Insolvency Advice: We can provide general insolvency advice and alternative tools such as debt relief orders and informal agreements.
Why Choose Irwin to Deal with Your Personal Insolvency?
At Irwin & Company, our knowledgeable team of licensed insolvency practitioners has many years’ experience in dealing with personal insolvency problems.
We work on a case-by-case approach, reviewing your personal finances to determine your best route to recovery. Our empathetic, non-judgemental team offers a compassionate ear and understanding approach while providing a professional service to help you achieve the best possible outcome.
Here are the most important reasons to choose Irwin & Company as your personal insolvency advisor:
- We have 25 years (and counting) of personal insolvency experience, with thousands of successful outcomes and satisfied clients.
- Our team is compassionate, personable and professional – vital attributes that ensure our clients only experience the best and most understanding of services.
- We take the time to understand your personal situation, no matter your circumstances, ensuring that we can apply the most appropriate and effective financial tools to your particular case.
- We only suggest bankruptcy when absolutely necessary, and will always attempt to help you escape insolvency using a range of tools prior to this.
What Is The Insolvency Register?
The Insolvency Service, which is a government body, maintains an Individual Insolvency Register which is a public register containing details of bankruptcies and individual voluntary arrangements that are either current or have ended in the last three months. It also contains current bankruptcy restrictions orders and undertakings, and current debt relief restrictions orders and undertakings.
To find out more and to discuss your specific requirements, please feel free to contact us at 0800 2545122.
Get in Touch
With over 25 years of experience, helping people just like you, we are committed to providing you with all the help and advice you need during these challenging times. Simply give us a call, drop us an email or fill in the form to find out how we can help you.
Irwin & Company,
West Midlands B72 1TU
0800 254 5122
Fill in the form below and a member of our expert team will be in touch to discuss how we can help you.
"*" indicates required fields